GSAE recognizes excellence by offering a variety of awards to individuals, which are presented annually during the December luncheon. To nominate someone for the 2019 awards year, please send an e-mail to wendy "at" gsae.org with the award name, nominee name and why you are nominating the member no later than September 28.
Note: Association-level awards are no longer presented.
GSAE Awards History
2018 Award Winners Announcement
2017 Award Winners On Our GSAE1917 Channel
2016 Award Winners On Our GSAE1917 Channel
Individual Awards Include:
- The Clifford M. Clarke Award is GSAE's highest honor and is presented to honor a member for an outstanding career of leadership and service to associations in Georgia. It is named for the late Cliff Clarke, president emeritus of the Arthritis Foundation and the first Georgian to serve as chief elected officer of ASAE. Any active individual member of GSAE is eligible for the Award, with the exception of current officers, directors, staff, members of the Awards Committee and previous recipients. Honorary and retired members who have worked in the Georgia association community within the past two years and former staff members who meet the other criteria as well are also eligible.
- The Alan R. Johnson Award was established in 1994 and named in memory of a former Chair of the GSAE Foundation. It is given to an association executive in Georgia who has demonstrated qualities of teamwork (ability to work with and support others), vision (ability to see possibilities for making things happen and communicating this vision to others) and servant leadership (willingness to reach out beyond work and home to benefit the community).
- The Sharon Hunt Emerging Leader Award is presented to an association executive with ten years or less of experience in associations who demonstrates leadership through service to GSAE, their own association and to their community. The award was named in 2014 to honor past president Sharon Hunt, CAE, who mentored a generation of association leaders during her career. Chief staff executives (CEO, executive director, executive vice president, etc.) are not eligible. Nominees must have been a member of GSAE for at least one year.
- The Peggy Seigler Corporate Member of the Year is presented to the corporate supplier member who has demonstrated outstanding and continuous service to the association community in Georgia. Named in 2015, the award celebrates the many contributions and memory of Peggy Seigler, MPA, CDME, a beloved and valued member of the community.
- The Skelton-Massey Award is presented to the person who recruits the most new individual members into GSAE during the year. The award recognizes the member who supports and sponsors the most new members, strengthening GSAE in size and effectiveness. We hope the achievements of our past presidents, Benson Skelton and Abit Massey, CAE, legendary recruiters both, will inspire members to promote GSAE's value and benefits loudly and often. (No application or nomination; selected based on referrals from October - October).
- The Stephen Styron Award is presented to an outstanding committee, Shared Interest Group or task force chair. It is named in honor of one of GSAE's past presidents who was the first Georgian to earn the CAE designation. (No application or nomination; selected by Chair.)
- The Chair's Award is presented for going above and beyond the call of duty to help GSAE. (No application or nomination; selected by Chair.)